Car Data Check From HPI
HPI Checks are carried out on all pre purchase inspections to ensure the safety of our engineers.
The HPI Check is undertaken by HPI Ltd, who collect vehicle data from DVLA, Insurance companies, Finance Companies and the Police.
This check confirms: Vehicle details i.e registration number, Vehicle Identification Number (VIN), Make, model, door plan, colour, date of first registration in UK, year of manufacture, transmission type, engine number, fuel type and engine capacity. These items are then confirmed (where possible/visible) by the inspection engineer on the vehicle.
More importantly, the HPI Check searches information categories for any outstanding finance on the vehicle, any Police interest, stolen vehicles, insurance losses, major accident damage, condition alert, high risk cars, number plate transfers and change of colour.
Please note: The HPI Check is carried out free of charge and therefore the information is for Engineer use only. However, you will be advised of any adverse information verbally. We recommend you purchase your own HPI Car Data Check to benefit from the information provided and to get the protection of the HPI Guarantee. To purchase an HPI Check, please click on the link at the bottom of this page.
Full HPI Check
Buying a used car can be a risky business. Each year thousands of people buy second hand motor vehicles that have had their mileage reduced, are hiding serious accident damage, are incorrectly described, are stolen or on finance. In many cases the buyer can end up thousands of pounds out of pocket or putting their lives in danger. 1 in 3 cars that is checked with HPI has something to hide.
The HPI Car Data Check will tell you if the car you are looking to buy is:
- Registered by the Police as stolen - HPI identifies around 30 stolen vehicles a day
- Recorded by an insurance company as written off - 4 in every 100 vehicles HPI checks has been written off
- Owned by a finance company because of outstanding finance - 1 in 4 vehicles checked with HPI has outstanding finance
- At risk of being sold illegally (ie, hire/fleet car, forecourt demonstrator)
- Subject to any mileage discrepancies which could indicate it has been clocked - 8% of vehicles checked with HPI has a mileage discrepancy
In addition the HPI Car Data Check also includes:
- The 30,000 HPI Guarantee *
- Unique clone cover protection within the Guarantee*
- Unique stolen V5C document check
- Access to the UK's largest mileage database - the National Mileage register currently has over 135 million mileages recorded on it
- Free CO2 emissions certificate, which includes VED rates, estimated annual fuel costs, and mpg figures Free vehicle manufacturer specification certificate
- Free 7 days insurance from Aviva
- Access to the UK-based HPI contact centre**
- An option to check up to three vehicles with the HPI Multicheck
*Terms and conditions apply.
**Contact centre open Mon-Fri 8am-8pm, Sat 8am-5pm and Sun 10am-4pm. Calls may be monitored and/or recorded