Supervisory Boards decide on comprehensive executive personnel changes:
New Executive Board at DEKRA
- Stefan Kolbl appointed Chairman of the Boards of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA AG
- Roland Gerdon confirmed as Member of the Boards of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA AG
- Clemens Klinke, Mark Thoma and Jorg Mannsperger appointed as new Members of the Board of DEKRA AG
Stuttgart - The Presidential Board of DEKRA e.V. and the Supervisory Board of DEKRA AG convened on 16th December 2009 to decide on new appointments to the Boards of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA AG.
- Dipl.-Volkswirt Stefan Kolbl (42) has been appointed by the Supervisory Boards as the new Chairman of the Boards of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA AG as of 1st January 2010. Kolbl succeeds Dr. h.c. Klaus Schmidt(51), who stepped down on 1st December 2009 due to health reasons.
After previously working as a management consultant, Stefan Kolbl has been with DEKRA since 2000. He started his career as Head of the Chairman's Office of DEKRA e.V. In 2003 he was appointed as Managing Director of the economically ailing DEKRA Akademie. Within only two years Kolbl succeeded in turning around what is today's largest private training service provider in Germany.
On 1st September 2006, Stefan Kolbl was assigned to the management of DEKRA's international automotive services. As Head of the Business Unit DEKRA Automotive International he was responsible for approximately 2,000 employees outside Germany. In 2009 they generated a sales volume of 220 million Euro with vehicle testing, expertises, used car management and claims services. Highlights were the acquisition of the Dutch appraisal specialists BARTOK in 2008 followed by the purchase of the Brazilian VOLCHI Group in early 2009. Brazil is now the third largest automotive market served by DEKRA after Germany and France.
- Dipl.-Kfm. Roland Gerdon (48) was confirmed by the Supervisory Boards as Member of the Boards of DEKRA e.V. and DEKRA AG. His responsibilities remain unchanged. He is responsible for Human Resources as well as the IT and financial strategy of the entire Group. Gerdon has been a Member of the Board of DEKRA AG since 2003. In 2006 he was also appointed as Member of the Board of DEKRA AG. Since 2005 Roland Gerdon has been the Personnel Director of DEKRA AG. Under his direction, the workforce of DEKRA has expanded from around 11,000 to more than 21,000 employees today.
Gerdon joined DEKRA in 1999 as Head of Personnel. He was responsible for the personnel strategy, the coordination and management of the personnel units as well as advising the Top management in personnel matters. Previously Roland Gerdon was in charge of the internal training at Daimler AG in Stuttgart-Unterturkheim.
In addition to Stefan Kolbl and Roland Gerdon, the Board of DEKRA AG will include the Heads of the Business Units, Dipl.-Ing. Clemens Klinke (53) of DEKRA Automotive, Mark Thoma (41) of DEKRA Industrial and Jorg Mannsperger (48), DEKRA Personnel.
- The mechanical engineer Clemens Klinke has been with DEKRA since 1984. After holding positions as an testing and inspection engineer, branch manager and sales director responsible for DEKRA branches, he joined the Board of Management of DEKRA Automobil GmbH in 2004. Since January 2006 Klinke has been Chairman of the Board of Management and HR Director. The vehicle testing and expertises business provides the largest share of sales within the DEKRA Group. With around 22 million vehicle tests per year, DEKRA is the world's undisputed market leader. The intention is to consolidate the domestic and international activities into the Business Unit Automotive under the management of Clemens Klinke.
- Mark Thoma started his DEKRA career in 1996 as Managing Director of DEKRA International GmbH. After holding positions as Managing Director of DEKRA France and DEKRA Veritas Industrial he was appointed Head of the Business Unit DEKRA Industrial. Mark Thoma was strongly involved in the acquisition of a majority stake of the formerly state-owned French truck testing centres and the third largest French industrial testing services provider NORISKO. Within a short period of time the financial expert Thoma developed DEKRA's industrial services business into DEKRA's second strongest growth pillar.
- The lawyer and journalist Jorg Mannsperger joined DEKRA in 1997. After nine years as Managing Director of the ETM Publishing House, he became the Managing Director of the DEKRA Akademie GmbH in 2006. In addition, he was assigned Managing Director of DEKRA Qualification GmbH in 2007. During his tenure the training business expanded its market position significantly with double-digit growth rates. On 1st December 2009 Jorg Mannsperger was appointed as Head of the Business Unit DEKRA Personnel, which bundles all of DEKRA's integrated personnel services.
'The Presidential Council of DEKRA e.V. as the highest supervisory committee of DEKRA and the Supervisory Board of DEKRA AG are convinced that these executive personnel appointments will ensure the continuous development of DEKRA,' commented Prof. Dr. Gerhard Zeidler, Chairman of the Presidential Council of DEKRA e.V. and Chairman of the Supervisory Board of DEKRA AG on the decisions. Gerhard Zeidler wished the newly appointed Board Members great success in their future work. 'By taking their swift and comprehensive decision, the Supervisory Boards have created the core of personnel that will see DEKRA continuing its successful growth course,' said Zeidler.